（Policy on Personal Information Protection）
Asahi Tanker Co., Ltd. (hereinafter, “the Company”) will appropriately handle the personal information that the Company obtains or holds in accordance with the purpose of the Personal Information Protection Law.
The Company will comply with laws and regulations, national guidelines, other standards concerning the protection of personal information, and this policy, regarding the personal information handled by us in all our businesses and will establish a personal information protection system. In addition, to further promote the protection of personal information, the Company will continually review its personal information protection system and improve its efforts.
Purposes of collecting and use of personal information
The Company will obtain personal information by appropriate and fair means, and will handle the obtained personal information within the scope of the following purpose of use, unless the subject persons are individually notified. The Company will not use the information for purposes other than the intended purposes without obtaining the consent of the subject person.
- To negotiate business, conclude and execute contract, and manage other transactions with the Company
- To provide information on the businesses and services of the Company and its group companies
- To manage and operate vessels owned or chartered by the Company
- To inform, hold, and provide results on workshops, convivial parties, and other events, organized by the Company
- To communicate with the Company, and provide notifications and greetings from the Company based on social custom
- To survey, analyze, research, study, and audit regarding the Company’s business
- To conduct administrative work concerning the Company's stock
- To help the CSR activities of the Company
- To help with the publicity activities of the Company and its group companies
- To respond to various inquiries
- To manage procedures related to recruitment activities and other personnel and labor management
- To use information for other purposes agreed by the subject person in advance
Restrictions on provision to third parties
Except in the following cases, the Company will not provide personal information to third parties.
- When there is consent of the subject person
- When based on laws and regulations
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the subject person
- When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the subject person
- When the Company is required to cooperate with a national institution, local public entity, or a person entrusted with it, in executing the duties stipulated by laws and regulations, and there is a risk of hindrance by obtaining the consent of the subject person
Disclosure and correction of personal data
The Company will promptly respond within the necessary and reasonable scope, if it is requested by the subject person to notify the purpose of using, disclosing, correcting, suspending, or deleting the personal information.
Inquiries regarding the handling of personal information
Asahi Tanker Co., Ltd.
1-2-2 Uchisaiwai-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0011, Japan
Business hours: 9:00 to 17:00 (except on holidays)
※Depending on the content of the inquiry, we may withhold our answer.